Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Say what??!

So Ryan has come up with a bunch of interesting topics today....

We're driving in the car, when Ryan asks:

"Mom, can I eat people?"

"No!"

"Even if they are a stranger?"

"Of course not!"

"What if someone takes me and Kevin away and we bite him so hard that we accidentally bite him in half. THEN, can we eat him?" (I've told Ryan to scream and bite if someone tries to grab them)

I then proceeded to try to explain how people meat isn't good for us and how we should respect our bodies that Heavenly Father has given us. That led to talking about funerals, since Ryan had to know what we would do with the body once he had bitten it in half. Which in turn led to talking a bit about death and how it wouldn't happen to him or me for a very, very, very, very-times -3000-days-long time. Which then led to this statement:

"Mom, the day before you die, you will die tomorrow."

"Umm, yes."

3 comments:

Julie said...

isn't it amazing how their little brains work? Ryan is SO hilarious, and SO bright. Its good to record these conversations, it will be fun for him to read about later in life:)

Dave and Loralee said...

that's AWESOME!! I'm totally laughing out loud all by myself here! He's one smart kid...watch out!

Chris and Chelz said...

that is hilarious! that put a big smile on my face today!
-chelz