Sunday, March 16, 2008

Disneyland - Day 1

(There'll be a lot of detail for me so just skip if you want)

We had a busy weekend around March 6. We drove down to Disneyland and stayed in the Carousel Inn. I'd recommend it. It's right across the entrance to the park. We splurged a bit and got a suite and now I don't know how I'll ever go back to a single room. It was so nice having the boys in their own room at night. Usually we all have to "shut down" to help the kids go to sleep and then we have to whisper and keep the TV really low. But here, I put the boys down in their room and we could actually keep the lights on in our room!

Our first ride was the Storybook Canal. Jeez, it was such a long wait! I was worried that all the rides would be like that but it was the only long wait for the day. Here we are going into Monstro's mouth. The boys are in the striped blue shirts and I'm the red. Brenna and Jeff waited since she was asleep in her stroller.



Next we did the teacups. There was NO WAIT at all. Wahoo! The boys really liked it. Notice that we are in a greenish cup because of Ryan.





We are in jail at Toon Town.


This was the boys' first roller coaster in Toon Town. I couldn't find Ryan in the picture until Jeff pointed him out in the FIRST car. My baby isn't old enough to ride by himself is he?!?! Jeff and Kevin are in the 3rd car. Ryan loved the coaster and and soon as he found out there was a grownup roller coaster (Big Thunder Mountain) he was begging for it.


Ryan was very interested in the map and was trying to direct us.


Ryan was NOT interested in meeting Mickey Mouse. He ran and hid and I had to pick him up and hold him for the group picture. Kevin, on the other hand, was thrilled to meet him and I tried to hold him back in line for our turn. He compromised by standing 3 feet away from Mickey and asking repeatedly "Is it our turn? Is it our turn?" Then high-fives and hugs for Mickey.




Here's what Brenna did all day.


The Dumbo ride was a big hit. Kevin with Jeff and me with the other 2. Don't miss our green Dumbo.


Luckily the boys watch The Sword and the Stone on the drive down so they knew exactly what this sword was. I love how Ryan's face was turning red from trying so hard.



We did all the original dark rides. Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland were our favs and definitely had a happier tone than the other rides. It was so funny to me in Snow White (I think) where the whole ride was dark and about all the evil things and then at the end of the ride, written on the WALL was "they lived happily ever after." Like an afterthought. Too funny.

We ended that day watching the Parade of Dreams. Great end to the day but boy were we beat. And of course the boys were excited for the next day and had a hard time going to sleep.

17 comments:

Becky said...

Alisha, my long lost friend. HOW ARE YOU?? You have three babies, oh my goodness. I am so happy for you, you all look so great. We were just at Disneyland last month. You are still in Utah right? We should get together sometime. It's fun to find you on here.

marie said...

Looks like you had so much fun! I bet your kids just loved it!
-Marie

Davis Smith said...

How fun!!! I love Disneyland as much as my kids! I can never get enough of it. Looks like you had so much fun! The part about Ryan being scared of the characters made me laugh because that is exactly how it is with Savanna! She was dressed up as Belle when went last year, and we couldn't even get a picture of her and Belle without me in it. I was in all the princess pictures with her. I'm glad you had fun!

Nana Maggie said...

Alisha,
Loved the pictures of the stories about your family trip to Disneyland. I have never been there personally, but I have been to Six Flags Over Texas several times and I loved it. It looks like all of you had a really great time. I sure miss seeing you and the kids.Take care and come and see me sometime. Your friend always, Maggie Brooks

Ruby said...

Wow, you guys know how to party! I love the boy's matching shirts

Julie said...

Fun! I'm so jealous. Clayton was talking about Ryan today. We miss you guys. We'll have to have you over soon. I can't wait to take the boys to disneyland someday.

Sheila said...

I think your boys are the PERFECT age for a Disneyland trip!! So nice that Brenna slept during the day, I love little babies!! HOW FUN! We'll definitely wait a few years to take the family to Disneyland, it looks like it was a total hit for you guys.

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

I think we are going to take the boys to Disneyland next week. I;m glad you liked it. It looks like you had fun!

Chris-n-Chelz said...

hey! ok sorry i have been so slow to pass out our new blog page. we got rid of our old one for some crazy reasons. we are being very hush hush about our new page so that some people dont find out about it!!!!
-chelz

Jamie said...

I'm jealous! It looks like you guys had a great time, I'm excited to make it out there someday. I love how many rides they have that Kevin can ride!

Amy Beatty said...

Hey you- When I ran into you at costco you didn't say you just got back from the greatest place on earth! That's so awesome. You guys are such a fun family.

The Hockmans said...

Hey, its been a while since I saw you in Plesent Valley ward, Hows it going, I hardly recognized you. Its good to see you now with you family. Its neat to see you all grown up with kids and all, take care.

Emily said...

Oh my gosh! it looks like you have so much fun! Disneyland is seriously the best place on the planet! I am glad that you all had so much fun!

Dave and Loralee said...

DISNEYLAND??? Where have I been? You guys look like you had so much fun and the kids did GREAT! LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!!!!!

the phipps said...

Looks like fun! - I'm jealous. When you're all settled from your many trips give us a call and we can hang out :)

Glory Watts said...

O.k. So I know you have a bunch of comments already, but I couldn't resist. I love Disneyland. We went a couple of years ago and both Paul and I agreed that Disneyland was so much more fun going with our children. To see how magical everything is through there eyes is the best. Good for you guys! My kids ask regularly when our next trip there will be.

Kari said...

So cute that Ryan was your little navigator. I love all the green favorites. Isn't it funny how different those boys are with Mickey Mouse?? I love how their personalities are so prominent. How nice to have Brenna sleep the whole time!! I laughed at Ryan's face beat red from pulling so hard! hahah. Way to go buddy! Sounds like an awesome trip. That is so fun! You look great Alisha! Have you been running still? Miss you!