Saturday, September 27, 2008

Pirate Party

Ryan really wanted a pirate birthday party and I had seen a great cake on Christy's website that gave me some ideas. We had a treasure hunt, a gold coin search, face painting, and they made their pirate hats. It was more work than I have ever put into a party but it was so fun to see the kids get excited.
Plus I'm am pretty proud of my cakes. I know they don't touch yours, Loralee, but they're about as fancy as they'll get for me



I used Charleston Chews for the fish in the water and rolos,whoppers, and chews on the ships. Notice the 5 candles in the "oars" and the blue happy birthday wrapping paper for the water? Grandma Bitter picked that out.



Pirate Brenna with a little feather



Captain Ryan

1 comment:

Dave and Loralee said...

Umm...HELLO??? That was an AWESOME cake!!! And I'd love to hear why the boys aren't allowed any treats :)
LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!